Voted HealthTaps TopOb/Gyn Winter 2012! for Ventura County
Birth control options and more in this months newsletter.
We hope you are enjoying your summer. Between the festivals, the rodeos and camps we know how busy everyone is. We are so blessed to live in an area that is designed to Celebrate!
We’ve been busy as well but wanted to catch up
Dr. Lara’s always says “Women deserve Options”
Let’s talk birth control options this summer as it seems to be a trend in our office. This newsletter we would like to touch on is the Essure procedure. Next newsletter we’ll talk about IUD’s.
Essure is a permanent sterilization and alternative to Tubal Ligation. Here is what we love and don’t love about it:
- No going under. Similar to our HD Liposuction procedure the Essure procedure is great because Moms do not have to go under general anesthesia.
- Cost effective. Especially for patients not covered by insurance. The average procedure cost is around $2500 compared to $15-18,000 for the alternative.
- Results that are proven. Essure provides a higher rate of safety and assurance than the alternative
- Minimally Invasive. “Patients get a quick cocktail, we laugh and in 3 minutes it’s over. Minimal pain. They can go out dancing the next night” says Dr. Lara
Not so much love:
- It’s permanent. You have to know you are done with your family planning. Dr. Lara also requires a one on one consult to determine if this is right for you
- Insurance Games. Under the Affordable Health Care act this procedure should be covered under preventive- meaning- No copay- No Authorization required. However it’s not been the case with some insurance companies
Overall this is a birth control option designed for today’s woman and one that Celebrating Women support.
Also check out our NovaSure procedure for help with excessive bleeding. Common options to aid in this issue include birth control and IUD. The NovaSure procedure is a in office alternative to a Hysterectomy.
New Payment Policy Change Effective September 1st.
HD Liposucton Offers, Discounts and Financing.
- Make sure to follow us on Facebook for exclusive offers and discounts. https://www.facebook.com/oxnardobgyn
- We still currently have an AWESOME Groupon. http://www.groupon.com/deals/celebrating-women-center
- Free Botox for Life- Call us at 805-988-7577 to learn more about combining two powerful options.
Saturday August 3rd. from 10am to 2pm:
Join us for coffee and consults with Dr. K our resident chief Plastic Surgeon
Enjoy your summer and Celebrate You!